Southern Pineapple Sunshine Cake is a classic dessert that combines the sweetness of pineapples with the richness of a cake. It’s a refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a summer picnic or a holiday gathering. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So, let’s get started!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapples (20 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 container of frozen whipped topping (8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, crushed pineapples (with juice), eggs, vegetable oil, and pineapple juice. Mix well until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, instant vanilla pudding mix, and whipped topping. Mix well until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for a few minutes before spreading the frosting over the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving to allow the frosting to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 375
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 51g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 36g
- Protein: 4g
This Southern Pineapple Sunshine Cake is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of pineapples, yellow cake, and whipped topping creates a mouth-watering treat that your family and friends will love. With only a few simple steps, you can create a dessert that is sure to impress. So, why not give this recipe a try today?